Grassroots Peace Actions
Top aides to President Clinton — National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, Defense Security William Cohen, and Secretary of State Madeleine Albright — head to Columbus, Ohio this week to rally support for military action. Meanwhile, people all over the country are organizing protests against U.S. military aggression. We’ll talk to three grassroots peace groups in St. Louis, North Carolina, and Wisconsin about what actions they’re taking to make their opposition heard.
- Mira Tanna, American Friends Service Committee. (Call 314-862-5773)
- Ranya Mashri, coordinator of the Iraq Action Coalition.
- Jeff Ley, Project ELF. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2/6/98 Pacifica Network News–"Peace Activists Gear Up Against Iraq Attack"
- 2/9/98 Democracy Now!–"Peace Caravan to Iraq"
- Peace Action Site with information on Demonstrations
- Yahoo! Continous Coverage
- Iraq Action Coalition
Recent Shows More
The original content of this program is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Please attribute legal copies of this work to
democracynow.org. Some of the work(s) that this program incorporates, however, may be separately licensed. For further information or additional permissions,