Work with Democracy Now!
On-Air Graphic Designer & CG Operator
Democracy Now!, seeks a creative and detail-oriented part-time designer to join our team as an On-Air Graphic Designer & CG Operator. The On-Air Graphic Designer & CG Operator works with our Producers and Director to deliver the graphic and text elements of our broadcast to air.
Democracy Now! is a non-profit news organization based in NYC. We produce a daily TV & Radio newscast that is carried by more than 1,300 stations worldwide. Our website democracynow.org gets tens of millions of page views annually and we have more than a million followers across social media platforms. Everyone who works at Democracy Now! is committed to creating and distributing high quality independent news – it’s a great place to work.
- Quick turnaround preparation of all graphic and text elements for live broadcast using Photoshop and Harris Inscriber software
- Provide final review and proof for lower thirds, quotes and other textual elements
- Generate map graphics using Google Earth
- Develop supplementary motion graphic elements for broadcast using After Effects
- Suggest enhancements to the graphics package for the show and refreshing templates as needed
- High level of competency in Photoshop and After Effects
- Live news production experience highly preferred
- Thrives and delivers in a high pressure environment
- Excellent proof-reading skills
- Familiarity with Harris Inscriber or similar and Google Earth a plus
- Commitment to the mission of Democracy Now!
This position is available immediately. Hours of work are 6:30am – 9:00am with occasional extended hours and night hours. Democracy Now! is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit the following to graphics (at) democracynow (dot) org with “Graphics” as subject.
- A link to a reel or portfolio
- A complete chronological resume, including dates of employment.
- The names and contact information for two references.
- A cover letter that includes answers to the following questions:
1. How are you familiar with Democracy Now!?
2. How do your experience and talents fit the criteria laid out in the job announcement?
3. How did you hear about this position?