We’ve put together a number of downloadable materials to assist your efforts to bring Democracy Now! to new stations, listeners and viewers.
Nervous about approaching a TV or Radio Station to get DN! on the air? Unsure what to say?
We have created some documents with must-know information. Read them over and feel prepared when you finally call your community station:
Our publicity kit is a great way to introduce DN! to potential TV and Radio Stations. Many of the materials are also great to give to people in your community if you table.
- What is Democracy Now!?
- More About the Hosts of Democracy Now!: Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez
- Awards Democracy Now! and its Hosts have won
- What Journalists Are Saying about Democracy Now!
- Articles Written About Democracy Now!
- How to Broadcast DN! on TV Stations
- What TV Managers are saying about Democracy Now!
- How to Broadcast DN! on Radio Stations
- What Radio Station Managers are saying about Democracy Now!
- How DN! Helps Stations Raise Money
If you can’t download it, let us know and we’ll send you a hard copy in the mail. Before you present the publicity kit to your station, Email Us and we’ll send you a sample show (CD or DVD) to include along with the rest of the packet.
Contact the DN! Outreach Team by email email@example.com or call: 212-431-9090 x8807
Photos of Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez
Flyering is a great way to introduce DN! to a variety of people.
You can flyer to:
- Raise awareness about DN!, letting people know what station and times it airs in your community.
- Help gain support for a campaign to bring DN! to your local radio and TV stations.
- Announce an event where Amy Goodman will be speaking.
No matter what your reason is, there are lots of ways to get your flyers seen.
- Where allowed, post flyers on streetlamps and in other public spaces like coffee shops and farmer’s markets.
- Table at a conference, educational fair, or outdoor market. See Tabling Tips for ideas on how.
- Hand out flyers in front of grocery stores, public transportation stops, in lines at movies, at concerts, in front of museums or high traffic intersections.
Flyering in groups is always more fun and reaches more people. But even a lone flyerer can make a huge difference. One supporter proudly reported putting flyers on each car in his local Wal-Mart parking lot.
We have a number of flyers already created for you to use.
- Business Cards Download this new business card where you can insert the stations and times where DN! airs in YOUR community. Keep the cards in your wallet or bag and hand them out!
- Half Sheet Flyer This 4″×5.5″ flier is great for letting people know where and when to listen and watch DN! in your community, and for letting people know about upcoming events. Insert your own local station information.
- Tearoffs Sheet Change this flyer so people can quickly and easily tear off contact information to join a campaign to bring DN! to their community or find out how to watch/listen to DN! in their area. Post it on bulletin boards around your community.
If you create your own flyer download one of our logos to add to it. If you want to share the flyer with us, we’d love to include it on our website for others to use. Make sure it is saved in a format that would allow others to change the text.
Our Democracy Now! Logos:
Here are some of our "logos. Use these in the creation of your original DN! materials. There are different sizes, qualities and colors.
EPS files can be opened in graphics applications such as Photoshop, Quark or Illustrator. They can be resized without any loss of quality; professional printing shops generally prefer EPS files.
Click to download: Hi-resolution EPS logos
JPEG files can be used easily in Microsoft Word and on the web.
Click to download: JPEG logos
We live in a culture of advertising. Here are some examples of different ways that supporters took out Democracy Now! advertisements.
If you administer or have access to a website, download one of our Democracy Now! web banners and put it on your site for people to link to.
Daily Digest Sign-Up Sheets:
When someone signs up for our Daily Digest Electronic Newsletter we enter them onto our list and they receive daily emails about the show, including pertinent information about Democracy Now! and the independent media movement. If you decide to table, print out some sign-up sheets for people to join our mailing list.
If you have any questions contact the Democracy Now! Outreach Team or call: 212-431-9090 x8807
Show for Mar 07, 2014
Watch MSNBC’s Chris Hayes talk about the liberal interventionist argument for military action in Syria, with Amy Goodman, host of "Democracy Now!," former Congressman Tom Perriello, and Eli Lake, senior national security correspondent for Newsweek and The Daily Beast.