Work with Democracy Now!
Democracy Now! seeks a dynamic, experienced non-profit administrator to fill the position of Administrative Director. The Administrative Director will serve as a critical member of the leadership team and work side by side with the General Manager to monitor, strengthen and execute the organization’s internal systems, policies, and procedures.
Ideal candidates for this position will be innovative, driven, systems-level thinkers eager to manage administration and operations for this fast-paced, fast-growing organization.
- Ensure strategic and effective administrative management of a fast-paced organization.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and innovation among staff and volunteers.
- Implement, update and communicate organizational policies and procedures.
- Manage employee recruitment, orientation, professional development and termination processes.
- Manage compensation and benefits administration.
- Ensure federal and state HR compliance and strive to create a supportive staff environment.
- Maintain accurate and confidential personnel records.
- Manage accounting operations including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, G/L entries and reconciliations.
- Coordinate annual external audit, CHAR 500 and 990 filing.
- Provide regular financial reports as well as financial reports for grants or special projects at the request of the General Manager.
- Develop and monitor annual budget.
- Manage vendor contracts and leases.
- Maintain investment schedules.
Operations and Facilities
- Ensure a safe and comfortable work environment.
- Maintain commercial insurance.
- Oversee facilities management including coordination with external facility contractors.
- Respond to emerging organizational needs.
- 3-5 years in organizational leadership position.
- Administrative experience in the non-profit sector.
- Commitment to the mission of Democracy Now!
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new systems and technology, internet and tech savvy.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and database applications.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
This full-time New York City-based position with compensation based upon experience with a generous benefits package. Democracy Now! is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit the following to admindirector [at] democracynow [dot] org with the subject line “Administrative Director” before 5 pm ET on July 18, 2014.
- A complete chronological resume, including dates of employment.
- The names and contact information for two references.
- A cover letter that includes answers to the following questions:
1. Why are you compelled to apply for this position?
2. How do your experience and talents fit the criteria laid out in the job announcement?
3. How did you hear about this position?