Work with Us!
Social Media & Online Outreach Internship
Interns working in the Social Media & Online Outreach Department will help manage the Democracy Now! social media platforms and produce social content, disseminate daily show content across the Internet, help promote Amy Goodman’s events online and welcome Democracy Now! show guests.
Democracy Now! Internships are paid, 20 hour per week, temporary work placements to help students, people early in their careers and career changers to gain entry-level skills and experience in the fields of outreach, social media, education, fundraising, translation, archiving and IT in a non-profit setting. Find out more about the Internship Program.
- Help disseminate Democracy Now! daily show content through the Internet
- Foster alliance building and networking amongst Democracy Now! supporters, likeminded groups and organizations, and journalists/bloggers/editors
- Help generate content for and manage Democracy Now!’s social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, SoundCloud, Tumblr, Instagram & Pinterest
- Monitor the Democracy Now! social media platforms and identify ways to engage our audience
- Help to foster an online relationship between Democracy Now! and its partner TV & radio stations
- Support the development of specific online outreach programs
- Other tasks as assigned
- Technical and journalistic writing specific to social networking platforms
- Public relations and online outreach experience
- Internet and social media research under tight deadlines
- Managing an organization’s social media networks and monitoring basic metrics
- Experience working in a professional environment that must meet daily deadlines
- Knowledge of Democracy Now! and commitment to its mission
- Experience with social media platforms used by Democracy Now!
- Basic journalism skills demonstrated through previous work experience and/or related classwork;
- Demonstrated enthusiasm to promote Democracy Now! content to existing and new audiences.
- Authorization to work in the United States
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
Candidates may only apply for one internship, per session. To apply, send a one-page resume, a cover letter and two work or academic references to socialmedia-intern [at] democracynow [dot] org with “Social Media Intern” as the subject line. In your cover letter, please address these questions:
- How did you discover Democracy Now!?
- What are your goals in seeking out this internship?
- What makes you a good candidate for this internship?
Due to the volume of applications received, you will only be contacted if you are selected for an interview. No mail submissions or phone calls please.
Democracy Now! is an equal-opportunity employer.