The Pope will arrive in Cuba in little over a week. In preparation forhis visit host Amy Goodman went to Havavna over the holidays to see howpeople were preparing for the visit and to get a sense of people’s lives inCuba.
Today, listen to a tape of her conversation with Arnaldo Coro Antich,better known to shortwave radio listeners around the world as "Arnie Coro."Coro grew up with the Cuban Revolution, coming of age as Fidel Castromarched victoriously through the streets of Havana.
Coro is a veteran of the Cuban effort to repulse the American sponsoredinvasion at the Bay of Pigs and a co-founder of Radio Havana where he nowworks.
- Global Exchange Cuba Campaign
- Center for International Policy
- Radio Habana Cuba
- The Republic of Cuba–National Web Site
- 1/8/98 Democracy Now!–"Evoving Revolutionary"
- 1/7/98 Democracy Now!–"Cuba’s Revolution and the Lives it Changed"
- 1/6/98 Democracy Now!–"Interviews from Cuba (Part II)"
- 1/5/98 Democracy Now!–"Interviews from Cuba (Part I)"
- 11/20/97 Pacifica Network News–"Bombs in Havana"
- 11/19/97 Pacifica Network News–"Pentagon Planned Crisis To Blame On Castro"
- 10/17/97 Pacifica Network News–"The Mythical Che Guevara"
Recent Shows More
Longest-Serving U.S. Prisoner in Solitary Ordered Free Again, But State Obstruction Bars His Release
The original content of this program is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Please attribute legal copies of this work to
democracynow.org. Some of the work(s) that this program incorporates, however, may be separately licensed. For further information or additional permissions,