Are people free to practice religion in Cuba? Well, we all know what thecorporate press would say, but actually the answer’s a little bitcomplicated.
Listen to part of a speech given by Fidel Castro in September 1996 inHarlem on the topic of religion in Cuba.
The very Reverend Pablo Oden Marichal, an Episcopal priest and nationalcoordinator for the Cuban Council of Churches.
Lois Kroehler, a Presbyterian missionary in Cardenas, Cuba.
- Washington Office on Latin America
- Radio Habana Cuba
- The Republic of Cuba–National Web Site
- 1/8/98 Democracy Now!–"Evoving Revolutionary"
- 1/7/98 Democracy Now!–"Cuba’s Revolution and the Lives it Changed"
- 1/6/98 Democracy Now!–"Interviews from Cuba (Part II)"
- 1/5/98 Democracy Now!–"Interviews from Cuba (Part I)"
- 11/20/97 Pacifica Network News–"Bombs in Havana"
- 11/19/97 Pacifica Network News–"Pentagon Planned Crisis To Blame On Castro"
- 10/17/97 Pacifica Network News–"The Mythical Che Guevara"
Recent Shows More
There are no headlines for this date.
The original content of this program is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Please attribute legal copies of this work to
democracynow.org. Some of the work(s) that this program incorporates, however, may be separately licensed. For further information or additional permissions,