Are people free to practice religion in Cuba? Well, we all know what thecorporate press would say, but actually the answer’s a little bitcomplicated.
Listen to part of a speech given by Fidel Castro in September 1996 inHarlem on the topic of religion in Cuba.
The very Reverend Pablo Oden Marichal, an Episcopal priest and nationalcoordinator for the Cuban Council of Churches.
Lois Kroehler, a Presbyterian missionary in Cardenas, Cuba.
- Washington Office on Latin America
- Radio Habana Cuba
- The Republic of Cuba–National Web Site
- 1/8/98 Democracy Now!–"Evoving Revolutionary"
- 1/7/98 Democracy Now!–"Cuba’s Revolution and the Lives it Changed"
- 1/6/98 Democracy Now!–"Interviews from Cuba (Part II)"
- 1/5/98 Democracy Now!–"Interviews from Cuba (Part I)"
- 11/20/97 Pacifica Network News–"Bombs in Havana"
- 11/19/97 Pacifica Network News–"Pentagon Planned Crisis To Blame On Castro"
- 10/17/97 Pacifica Network News–"The Mythical Che Guevara"