The Pope will arrive in Cuba in little over a week. In preparation for his visit, host Amy Goodman went to Havana over the holidays to see how people were preparing for the visit and to get a sense of people’s lives in Cuba.
Today she speaks with a number of young prostitutes waiting outside discotheques in Havana. They talk about their lives, their work and the Pope’s impending visit.
- Washington Office on Latin America
- Radio Habana Cuba
- The Republic of Cuba–National Web Site
- 1/8/98 Democracy Now!–"Evoving Revolutionary"
- 1/7/98 Democracy Now!–"Cuba’s Revolution and the Lives it Changed"
- 1/6/98 Democracy Now!–"Interviews from Cuba (Part II)"
- 1/5/98 Democracy Now!–"Interviews from Cuba (Part I)"
- 11/20/97 Pacifica Network News–"Bombs in Havana"
- 11/19/97 Pacifica Network News–"Pentagon Planned Crisis To Blame On Castro"
- 10/17/97 Pacifica Network News–"The Mythical Che Guevara"