The Pope will arrive in Cuba in little over a week. In preparation for his visit, host Amy Goodman went to Havana over the holidays to see how people were preparing for the visit and to get a sense of people’s lives in Cuba.
Today she speaks with a number of young prostitutes waiting outside discotheques in Havana. They talk about their lives, their work and the Pope’s impending visit.
- Washington Office on Latin America
- Radio Habana Cuba
- The Republic of Cuba–National Web Site
- 1/8/98 Democracy Now!–"Evoving Revolutionary"
- 1/7/98 Democracy Now!–"Cuba’s Revolution and the Lives it Changed"
- 1/6/98 Democracy Now!–"Interviews from Cuba (Part II)"
- 1/5/98 Democracy Now!–"Interviews from Cuba (Part I)"
- 11/20/97 Pacifica Network News–"Bombs in Havana"
- 11/19/97 Pacifica Network News–"Pentagon Planned Crisis To Blame On Castro"
- 10/17/97 Pacifica Network News–"The Mythical Che Guevara"
Recent Shows More
There are no headlines for this date.
The original content of this program is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Please attribute legal copies of this work to
democracynow.org. Some of the work(s) that this program incorporates, however, may be separately licensed. For further information or additional permissions,