Today the program continues its "Conversations in Cuba" series with two Cuban economists who talk about the challenges faced by a communist island in a capitalist world. One of the biggest problems Cuba is confronting today is a two-tiered economy: The peso economy for ordinary Cubans, and the dollar economy for foreign visitors, and those Cubans who work in the tourist industry.
- Pedro Monreal, professor and researcher at The Center for the Study of International Economy at the University of Havana
- Julio Carranza, professor and researcher at The Center for the Study of the Cuban Economy at the University of Havana
- Washington Office on Latin America
- Radio Habana Cuba
- The Republic of Cuba–National Web Site
- 1/8/98 Democracy Now!–"Evoving Revolutionary"
- 1/7/98 Democracy Now!–"Cuba’s Revolution and the Lives it Changed"
- 1/6/98 Democracy Now!–"Interviews from Cuba (Part II)"
- 1/5/98 Democracy Now!–"Interviews from Cuba (Part I)"
- 11/20/97 Pacifica Network News–"Bombs in Havana"
- 11/19/97 Pacifica Network News–"Pentagon Planned Crisis To Blame On Castro"
- 10/17/97 Pacifica Network News–"The Mythical Che Guevara"