It was an extraordinary week in Belgrade Yugoslavia. Vojislav Kostunica was sworn in as the new president following the revolt in the streets of Belgrade last week that brought down the government of Slobodan Milosevic.
DEMOCRACY NOW correspondent Jeremy Scahill attended Vojislav Kostunica’s inauguration and brings us the voices of both the old and new guard in attendance.
- Vojislav Kostunica, New Yugoslav President speaking at his inauguration on Saturday night.
- Milan St Protic, New Mayor of Belgrade and member of Federal Parliament.
- Zarko Korac, President of the Social Democrat Union and member of Parliament.
- Zivadin Jovanovic, member of the Socialist Party of Slobodan Milosevic and Yugoslav Foreign Minister speaking with George Papendreo, the Greek Foreign Minister.
- Zivadin Jovanovic, member of the Socialist Party of Slobodan Milosevic and Yugoslav Foreign Minister.
- Jeremy Scahill, Democracy Now correspondent in Belgrade.