The Bush Administration is continuing in its efforts to control media coverage of its so-called war on terrorism,restricting journalists’ access to officials, buying up commercial satellite imagery, and asking the major networksto engage in self-censorship with regards to video from Osama Bin Laden. Meanwhile Bush officials continue tocriticize Al-Jazeera, the CNN of the Arab world, for what U.S. officials say is its biased coverage of terrorism.
Since September 11, CNN and the rest of the mainstream media, however, have brought forth a parade of "experts" onterrorism, all with little commentary about how their "experts" got their experience. The experts CNN chooses,people like Henry Kissinger and Ollie North tells a lot about the nature of the so-called war on terrorism and USpolicy.
- Mary Beth Lane, reporter for the Columbus Dispatch.
- Larry Wayne Harris, microbiologist, bio-terrorism expert and former member of the Aryan Nation.
- Chip Berlet, Political Research Associates, specializing in right wing populist movements.
- Peter Kornbluh, author of "The Iran Contra Scandal: A Declassified History" and a leading scholar on USpolicy in Central and Latin America.
- Henry Kissinger interviewed by Paula Zahn on CNN, September 17.