Work with Democracy Now!
Democracy Now! Internships are paid, 20 hour per week, temporary work placements to help students, people early in their careers and career changers to gain entry-level skills and experience in the fields of outreach, social media, education, fundraising, translation and archiving in a non-profit setting. All internships take place at our Manhattan studio where we produce our daily TV and radio news hour.
Democracy Now! staff provide one-on-one mentorship and supervision to help Interns maximize their educational experience. Where possible, Democracy Now! will provide assistance to Interns requesting academic or work-study credit.
The Internship program is offered in three sessions per year with 10 Intern placements each session. Interns work with our Archive, Democracy Now! en Español, IT, Education, Outreach & Development and Social Media departments. Candidates interested in opportunities with our Production department should apply for our Fellowship Program.
|Session Dates||Application Deadline|
Applicants must have completed a high school diploma, GED or equivalent and must have a valid US work authorization.
- Review the Internship Descriptions below to choose which department you’d like to work with. Candidates may only apply for one internship.
- Send a one-page resume, a cover letter and two work or academic references to the email address specified in the in the appropriate Internship Description below. In your cover letter, please address these questions:
1. How did you discover Democracy Now!?
2. What are your goals in seeking out this internship?
3. What makes you a good candidate for this internship?
Due to the volume of applications received, you will only be contacted if you are selected for an interview. No mail submissions or phone calls please.
Democracy Now! is an equal-opportunity employer.