Work with Democracy Now!
Development & Outreach Internship
Democracy Now!’s Development and Outreach Intern supports the day-to-day operations, long-range planning and ongoing efficiency of both the Development Department (fundraising) and Outreach Department. The Development Department is responsible for planning and implementing the fundraising goals of Democracy Now! The Outreach Department is charged with promoting Democracy Now! to as wide an audience as possible. Interns will work with volunteers, donors, viewers and listeners, as well as with Democracy Now! staff and managers.
Democracy Now! Internships are paid, 20 hour per week, temporary work placements to help students, people early in their careers and career changers to gain entry-level skills and experience in the fields of outreach, social media, education, fundraising, translation, archiving and IT in a non-profit setting. Find out more about the Internship Program.
- Enter data and maintain donor relationship information in CIVICRM database
- Process contributions including checks and online recurring donations
- Fulfill donor thank you gift requests
- Represent Democracy Now! at local events including evenings and weekends
- Plan and coordinate volunteer initiatives and special projects
- Organize, schedule and implement local outreach initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
- Volunteer coordination and supervision
- Data entry and donor database management
- Donor relations and fulfillment operations
- Knowledge of Democracy Now! and commitment to its mission
- Authorization to work in the US
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Familiarity with MS Word and Excel a plus
- Attention to detail and strong customer service skills a plus.
Candidates may only apply for one internship per session. To apply, send a one-page resume, a cover letter and two work or academic references to development-intern [at] democracynow [dot] org with "Development & Outreach Intern" as the subject line. In your cover letter, please address these questions:
- How did you discover Democracy Now!?
- What are your goals in seeking out this internship?
- What makes you a good candidate for this internship?
Due to the volume of applications received, you will only be contacted if you are selected for an interview. No mail submissions or phone calls please.
Democracy Now! is an equal-opportunity employer.