A coalition of peace activists yesterday held a rally sponsored by the War Resisters League, on the grounds of the Pentagon as part of a civil disobedience called “A Day without the Pentagon.” Hundreds of protesters occupied Pentagon grounds demanding an end to U.S. military intervention abroad, a drastic slash in military spending and the re-direction of those funds towards domestic social needs.
- Daniel Elsberg, former high-level Pentagon official, turned over thousands of pages of Pentagon documents about the Vietnam War to the New York Times.
- Dr. Luis Nieves Falcon, Puerto Rican Independence activist and member of the Organization for International Human Rights.
- David Reynolds, member of the Executive Board of the War Resisters League.
- Allan Nairn, human rights activist/journalist.
- Dick Gregory, Peace activist/comedian.
- Clare Hanrahan, from the National War Tax Resistance Coordinating Committee.