- Howard Zinnradical historian, activist, and author of ??A People’s History of the United States.
- Blanche Wiesen CookDistinguished Professor of History and Women’s Studies at the John Jay College andthe Graduate Center of the City University of New York. Author of multiple books, including ??The DeclassifiedEisenhower and ??Eleanor Roosevelt: A Biography.
- Jr. Adolph ReedProfessor of Political Science at the New School University and an active member of theLabor Party. Some of his books include: ??WEB Du Bois and American Political Thought and ??Class Notes: Posingas Politics and Other Thoughts on the American Political Scene.
- Sonali Kolhatharspokesperson for the Afghan Women’s Mission, which works closely with the RevolutionaryAssociation of the Women of Afghanistan (RAWA).
- Ralph NaderGreen Party Presidential candidate in 1996 and 2000. He is currently on tour for his mostrecent book, ??Crashing the Party: Taking on the Corporate Government in an Age of Surrender.
In New York, thousands protest the World Economic Forum. In Porto Alegre, thousands convene their own World Social Forum. Democracy Now! broadcast a two-hour special on Saturday, February 2. Democracy Now! was live at the Waldorf Astoria. Inside, 3,000 of the world’s business and corporate elite discussed the global economy. Outside, protestors demanded economic models that promote social equity and environmental sustainability.
- Amy Goodman of Democracy Now! and Aniruddha Das host of WBAI’s Asia-Pacific Forum.