As kids head back to school around the country, parents, teachers and business people are watching closely. Today Democracy Now! takes a look at the school reform movement, charter schools and why Wall Street sees the potential for a profitable global industry.
- Phyllis Vine, journalist. Wrote piece in current Nation magazine called, “To Market, To Market: The School Business Sells Kids Short.”
- Michael Moe, Director of Growth Stock Research at Montgomery Securities and former vice president of Lehman Brothers.
- Bob Peterson, last year’s Wisconsin Teacher of the Year, editor of Rethinking Schools, a progressive education newsletter
- School Privatization and Choice, a sociopolitical analysis
- Nando News report
- Urban School Privatization are we going?