Thousands of Indonesian students continue their protests after the killings of more than half a dozen of their classmates by the military. As the dictator Suharto heads back to Indonesia from a visit to Egypt, thousands of protesters are demanding his ouster.
- Pius Lustrilanang, an Indonesian democracy activist and coordinator of SIAGA (People’s Democtratic Alliance), a coalition supporting Indonesian opposition leaders Megawati Sukarnoputri and Amien Rais. Last February, he was abducted and remained missing for two months while enduring detention and torture.
- East Timor Action Network
- 5/7/98 Pacifica Network News–“Congress Hears of Indonesian Rights Abuses”
- Yahoo! complete coverage of Indonesia on the Brink
- 11/12/98 Democracy Now!–“Massacre: The Story of East Timor”