Democracy Now! internships are paid, 20-hour-per-week, temporary work placements to help students, people early in their careers and career changers to gain entry-level skills and experience in the fields of outreach, social media, education, fundraising, translation and archiving in a non-profit setting. Find out more about the Internship Program.
Interns working in the Digital Department help manage Democracy Now! social media accounts across multiple platforms, disseminate daily show content on the internet, and produce web-specific content.
January–June (application deadline November 17)
July–December (application deadline May 15)
- Help disseminate Democracy Now! daily show content through the internet
- Help generate content for and manage Democracy Now!’s social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and SoundCloud.
- Monitor Democracy Now! social media platforms and identify ways to engage our audience
- Other tasks as assigned
- Technical and journalistic writing specific to social networking platforms
- Internet and social media research under tight deadlines
- Managing an organization’s social media networks and monitoring basic metrics
- Experience working in a professional environment that must meet daily deadlines
- Knowledge of Democracy Now! and commitment to its mission
- Familiarity with major news stories from a broad swath of journalistic sources
- Experience with social media platforms used by Democracy Now!
- Basic journalism skills demonstrated through previous work experience and/or related classwork
- Demonstrated enthusiasm to promote Democracy Now! content to existing and new audiences
- Authorization to work in the United States
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent