Democracy Now! en Español Internship
Democracy Now! Internships are paid, 20 hour per week, temporary work placements to help students, people early in their careers and career changers to gain entry-level skills and experience in the fields of outreach, social media, education, fundraising, translation and archiving in a non-profit setting. Find out more about the Internship Program.
The Spanish department of Democracy Now! translates, produces, and distributes daily news content on line. Our programs are currently broadcast on more than 480 radio stations around the world. Interns help with translation of stories, draft content for our social media channels, and support outreach projects.
Upcoming Session Dates
2021 Session Dates TBD.
- Assist with Democracy Now! en Español social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Translate content from English to Spanish
- Grow and maintain online audience and media network currently broadcasting or reproducing Democracy Now! en Español’s content.
- Foster alliance building and networking amongst Democracy Now! en Español supporters and other like-minded groups and organizations.
- Monitor breaking news and identify trends to position stories
- Other duties as assigned
- Be a part of the inner workings of a daily global broadcast
- Built technical and internet journalism writing skills
- Hone research, social media, and communication skills
- Gain exposure to advance news translation techniques and innovative channels of distribution
- Learn to deliver journalistic content in a professional environment that on daily deadlines
- Enrich knowledge of news and current events
- Knowledge of Democracy Now! and commitment to its mission
- Technical and creative writing in Spanish specific to social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Basic journalism skills in Spanish demonstrated through previous work experience and/or related classwork
- Strong interpersonal and phone skills in Spanish and English (Bilingual)
- Strong Internet research skills, detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Knowledge and interest in news and current events
- Authorization to work in the US
- High school diploma or equivalent
Sign up here for Democracy Now!’s daily digest email to get news headlines and stories, special web exclusives and updates on open positions, events and more.