Battle In Seattle: Ralph Nader And Vandana Shiva Face Off With The Clinton Administration And Procter And Gamble
As Seattle police tear gassed, beat and shot protesters with rubber bullets this past Tuesday evening, hundreds of people gathered at Seattle’s Town Hall to hear consumer advocate Ralph Nader and renowned global capitalism critic Vandana Shiva faced off with representatives from the Clinton administration and Procter and Gamble.
The following is an excerpt of the debate.
- John Cavanaugh, Institute for Policy Studies
- David Aaron, U.S. Undersecretary of Commerce
- Vandana Shiva, renowned critic of corporate globalization from India.
- Scott Miller, Spokesperson for Procter and Gamble
- Ralph Nader, Consumer Advocate