In the last few days there have been a number of arrests of activists. Some have been picked up in the street when they were not directly engaged in any form of protest. Among the people who were arrested was John Sellers who is the head organizer of the RUCKUS Society which has trained people in civil disobedience all over the country, from the protests in Seattle to Washington, DC and now here in Philadelphia. Yesterday as he was walking along the street he was arrested by the police. His arrest was captured on video and he was saying “I am a trainer of people in non-violence, we are against destruction of property.” John Sellers’ bail has just been set at one million dollars.
- Audio of John Sellers arrest.
- David Rudofsky, Civil Rights attorney from Philadelphia.
- Gayle Sellers, John Sellers’ mother.
- Larry Krasner, an attorney for John Sellers.
- Patrick Reinsborough, an organizer with the Rainforest Action Network.
- Celia Alario, a trainer with the Ruckus Society.