We pick up our coverage of yesterday’s U.N. panel “News vs. Propaganda” where discussion turned to the question of the bin Laden video tapes.
- “News vs. Propaganda”, U.N. panel on media coverage held on December 6 in New York.
- Hafez Al Mirazi, Washington Bureau Chief of Al-Jazeera
- Barbara Crossette, correspondent for the New York Times
- Shashi Tharoor, the interim head of the U.N. Department of Public Information, who moderated the forum
- Abdel Bari Atwan, of the London Arab-language daily Al Quds Al-Arabi
- Mathatha Tsedu, Deputy Chief of News, South African Broadcasting Corporation
- Karen Curry, Vice President and New York Bureau Chief of CNN
- Lakhdar Brahimi, Special Representative of the U.N. Secretary-General for Afghanistan via satellite