Millions are expected to protest all over the world on Saturday.
But another kind of protest is also taking place in city council chambers all over the United States.
As of today, nearly 75 cities and counties have passed resolutions against an attack on Iraq. Oak Park, Michigan and Shaker Heights, Ohio passed anti-war resolutions just last night.
In addition, the Maine State Senate and the Hawaii House of Representatives have passed anti-war resolutions. The Maine House of Representatives is expected to consider today a resolution supporting diplomatic efforts to disarm Iraq.
Right now, we’re going to hear an "audio montage," of local politicians from all over the country, describing why their city or state passed a resolution against war.
- Sen. Ethan Strimling, Maine State Senator.
- Joe Moore, Chicago City Council.
- Rev. Dr. Kwame Abayomi, Baltimore City Council.
- Thomas Vlassis, Des Moines City Council.
- Serena Cruz, Multnomah (OR) County Commissioner.
- Jay Westbrook, Cleveland City Council.